Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 large just-ripe freestone peaches, halved and pitted
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 scoops low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
1. In a small saucepan, bring the vinegar and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer until reduced by half and slightly syrupy, about 10 minutes. Stir in the vanilla and black pepper. Set aside.
2. Heat a grill to medium. Brush cut side of the peaches with the canola oil and cook cut side down until nicely grill marked, 2 to 3 minutes. Give peaches a quarter turn and grill 1 to 2 minutes more for crosshatch marks. Flip over and brush tops with the melted butter. Grill cut side up until tender, 3 to 4 minutes more.
3. Arrange a peach half in each of 6 serving dishes and top with a scoop of frozen yogurt. Drizzle syrup over the top.
Nutrition facts per serving: 199 calories, 5g protein, 34g carbohydrate, 6g fat (2.9g saturated), 2g fiber
Source: Fitness Magazine