The asparagus can be grilled up to 4 hours in advance; cover and keep at room temperature. Sprinkle with the manchego and paprika just before serving.
Recipe by Charlyne Mattox, June 2011; from the Real Simple
• 2 bunch(es) asparagus (about 2 pounds), trimmed
• 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
• Kosher salt and black pepper
• 2 ounce(s) manchego, shaved with a vegetable peeler
• 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika (preferably smoked; also called pimentón)
1. Heat grill to medium-high. In a large bowl, toss the asparagus with the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Grill, turning occasionally, until just tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with the manchego and paprika.
Source: Cooking Light