Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Makes: 4 to 6 servings
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small fennel bulb, halved, cored, and very thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 4-ounce loaf ciabatta, thickly sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, halved lengthwise
- 3 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, roughly torn
1. Combine the tomatoes, fennel, and red onion in a large bowl. Whisk together 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the vinegar, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Pour half the dressing over the salad and toss well. Set aside remaining dressing.
2. Heat a grill to medium-high. Brush the bread on both sides with remaining olive oil; grill 2 to 3 minutes per side or until lightly toasted. Transfer bread to a plate and rub each piece well with the halved garlic clove. Let cool slightly and cut into 1-inch cubes.
3. Add the goat cheese and basil to the salad and pour remaining dressing over the top. Toss to combine.
Nutrition facts per serving: 215 calories, 7g protein, 17g carbohydrate, 14g fat (4.8g saturated), 2g fiber
Source: Fitness Magazine