Marinate the chicken overnight in buttermilk, garlic, and paprika to keep the meat juicy and delicious. Reclaimed Wood Salt and Pepper Shakers by Bambeco Make-ahead tip: Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator up to a day in advance. Recipe by Kate Merker: June, 2010 from the Real Simple
• 1 1/2 cup(s) buttermilk
• 8 clove(s) garlic, chopped
• 1 tablespoon(s) paprika
• Kosher salt and black pepper
• 6 pound(s) bone-in chicken pieces
1. In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the buttermilk, garlic, paprika, 1½ teaspoons salt, and ¾ teaspoon pepper.
2. Divide the buttermilk mixture and chicken between 2 large resealable plastic bags. Let marinate in the refrigerator, turning the bags occasionally, for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
3. Heat grill to medium-low. Remove the chicken from the marinade (discard the marinade) and grill, covered, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 30 to 40 minutes.
Source: Cooking Light