Submitted by: DarbyS1
Chicken breasts are sprinkled with Creole seasoning, grilled and topped with a relish of corn kernels, black beans, tomatoes, avocados, & cilantro.
• 2 Large Ears of Fresh (white) Sweet Corn, peeled
• 1× 15 oz can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
• 2 Large Tomatoes, diced (about 2 cups
• 2 Haas Avocados, peeled, seeded and cut into ½” pieces
• ⅓ cup Finely Chopped Red Onions
• 2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Cilantro
• 2 Tbsp Extra-virgin Olive Oil
• 1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
• 1 tsp Salt
• ½ tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
• 4 Skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 6 oz each), flattened to an even thickness
• 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
• 1 tsp Creole Seasoning
1. Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil.
2. Add the corn and simmer until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Drain. When cool enough to handle, cut the kernels from the ears and place in a medium bowl.
3. To the corn, add the black beans, tomatoes, avocados, onions, cilantro, olive oil, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
4. Toss to combine and set aside.
5. Preheat grill to medium heat.
6. Lightly brush the chicken breasts with the olive oil and season each side evenly with creole seasoning and remaining salt and pepper.
7. Grill (or broil) for 10 minutes or until done, turning once.
8. Serve on plate with large portion of relish on top.
You will love this recipe. Contrasting flavors make for a very interesting meal to share with your family and friends.
Source: Better Recipes