- 2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh oregano leaves
- 2 (about 1 1/2 pounds each) eggplants, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch- thick slices
- Non-stick cooking spray
- teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) coarsely ground pepper
- 1 ounce(s) (1/4 cup) ricotta salata or feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- Lemon wedges
- Oregano sprigs, for garnish
1. Prepare charcoal fire or preheat gas grill for covered direct grilling over medium-high heat.
2. Meanwhile, in small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Remove saucepan from heat; add 2 teaspoons oregano. Let steep until ready to serve.
3. Lightly spray both sides of eggplant slices with non-stick spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place eggplant on hot grill rack. Cover grill and cook eggplant 7 to 10 minutes or until tender and browned, turning over once.
4. Transfer eggplant to platter; drizzle with oregano oil and top with ricotta salata and tomatoes. Serve with lemon wedges. Garnish with oregano sprigs.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 10g
Dietary Fiber 4g