Here we grill eggplant slices and red onion to toss in a salad with fresh mint and parsley to accompany grilled lamb chops. Serve with whole-grain rice pilaf and green beans.
- 1 (about 1 pound) medium eggplant, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- Canola or olive oil cooking spray
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, divided
- 1 pinch(s) cayenne pepper
- 8 (1 1/2-1 3/4 pounds total) lamb loin chops, 1-1 1/2 inches thick, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
2. Spray both sides of eggplant and onion rounds with cooking spray. Grill the vegetables, turning once, until browned on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, chop the eggplant and onion and combine in a medium bowl with lemon juice, parsley, mint, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cayenne.
3. Meanwhile, sprinkle lamb chops with pepper and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Grill the chops until browned on both sides and cooked to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium. Serve with the eggplant salad.
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2 Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (28% daily value), Potassium (19% dv), Folate (15% dv).
Source: Eating Well / Delish