From EatingWell: July/August 2008
Toss a colorful mix of grilled bell peppers with briny olives, sweet sun-dried tomatoes and balsamic vinaigrette for a lovely side dish. Or spread crostini with goat cheese and top it with this salad for an easy summer appetizer.
- 4 bell peppers, (mixed colors), halved, seeded and stemmed
- 1/4 cup halved and pitted oil-cured black olives
- 1/4 cup rinsed and chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Grill peppers on medium-high, turning once, until soft and charred in spots, about 5 minutes per side. When cool enough to handle, chop the peppers; toss with olives, sun-dried tomatoes, oil, vinegar and salt in a large bowl.
TIPS & NOTES:
Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 107 calories; 7 g fat ( 1 g sat , 3 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 330 mg sodium; 331 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (200% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat