From Good Housekeeping
triple-tested at the Good Housekeeping Research Institute
Enjoy delicious grilled toppings in this main-dish salad, like grilled steak, grilled tomatoes, and grilled sweet potatoes.
- 4 medium (2 to 3 pounds) sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 pint(s) (24 ounces) cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoon(s) lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) maple syrup
- 1 pound(s) beef flank steak
- 2 bag(s) (10 ounces each) romaine lettuce, chopped
1. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling on medium-high. In large microwave-safe bowl, combine sweet potatoes and 1/2 cup water. Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave on high 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, fold 30- by 12-inch sheet of heavy-duty foil crosswise in half. Place tomatoes on double thickness of foil; bring long sides of foil up and fold several times to seal well. Fold over ends of foil to seal in juices.
3. In small bowl, whisk soy sauce, vinegar, syrup, and 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
4. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper all over steak; place on hot grill grate with tomato packet and sweet potatoes. Grill steak and tomatoes 10 minutes for medium-rare steak (140 degrees F), turning steak over once; grill sweet potatoes 5 minutes, turning over once.
5. Toss one-third of dressing with lettuce. Divide lettuce among plates. Top with steak, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and remaining dressing.