From EatingWell: May/June 2008, September 1998,EatingWell for a Healthy Heart Cookbook (2008)
A simple relish of parsley and olives jazzes up grilled tuna. Make it a meal: Serve with grilled vegetables and steamed new potatoes.
GRILLED TUNA WITH OLIVE RELISH
• Olive Relish
• 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
• 1/3 cup chopped pitted imported black olives, such as kalamata
• 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
• 1 small clove garlic, minced
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• Freshly ground pepper, to taste
• 1 3/4 pounds tuna steak, trimmed and cut into 6 portions
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• Lemon wedges, for garnish
1. To prepare olive relish: Combine parsley, olives, celery, garlic, oregano, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
2. To grill tuna: Preheat grill to medium-high.
3. Rub tuna all over with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the tuna until seared on both sides and just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Serve with Olive Relish and lemon wedges.
TIPS & NOTES:
Make Ahead Tip: The olive relish (Step 1) will keep for up to 1 hour.
Per serving: 184 calories; 5 g fat ( 1 g sat , 3 g mono ); 60 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 31 g protein; 1 g fiber; 266 mg sodium; 636 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (69% daily value), Potassium (18% dv), Magnesium (17% dv), Vitamin C (16% dv).
Exchanges: 4 1/2 lean meat