Brightly colored and packed with flavor, these no-fuss veggies are perfect for entertaining or even as a light snack. Grilling brings out their natural sweetness while the seasoning kicks them up a notch. Heidi Hall – North St. Paul, MN
Prep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar, divided
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
• 3 small carrots, cut in half lengthwise
• 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
• 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
• 1 medium red onion, cut into four wedges
• 1/8 teaspoon pepper
• Dash salt
1. In a small bowl, combine the oil, honey, 1 tablespoon vinegar, oregano and garlic powder. Pour 3 tablespoons marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the vegetables. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
2. Place vegetables on a grilling grid. Transfer to grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender.
3. Transfer to a large serving platter. Combine reserved marinade and remaining vinegar; drizzle over vegetables. Sprinkle with pepper and salt.
Editor’s Note: If you do not have a grilling grid, use a disposable foil pan. Poke holes in the bottom of the pan with a meat fork to allow liquid to drain.
1 serving equals 144 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Source: Taste of Home