This recipe has been tested by Redbook
The secret to this herbed, lemony chicken? It’s microwaved for 10 minutes before being grilled.
- 1 teaspoon(s) grated lemon zest
- 4 (8 ounces each) bone-in chicken breast halves, without rib bones
- 3 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup(s) honey Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, quartered
1. Arrange chicken breasts skin side up, in an 11- by 8- by 2-inch glass baking dish.
2. Whisk together all remaining ingredients except lemon wedges. Brush half the mixture over chicken. Cover chicken with wax paper and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
3. Place chicken (still covered with wax paper) in microwave and cook on high power for 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature of chicken registers 150 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Prepare an outdoor grill or heat the broiler.
4. To grill chicken: Lightly oil a grill rack and grill chicken, skin side down, 5 minutes. Flip chicken, brush with reserved lemon-mustard mixture, add lemon wedges, and grill for 5 minutes longer, or until internal temperature of chicken registers 170 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
5. To broil chicken: Place chicken skin side down on a broiler pan. Broil on lowest rack in oven (so glaze doesn’t burn) 5 minutes. Flip chicken, brush with reserved lemon-mustard mixture, add lemon wedges, and broil until skin is crispy, about 5 minutes longer, or until internal temperature of chicken registers 170 degrees F on instant-read thermometer.