Baked tortilla chips make a crunchy companion for this simple chicken supper. Try the avocado, tomato, and cucumber salsa another night on grilled fish or shrimp.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 3/4 cup salsa)
• Cooking spray
• 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
• 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
• 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
• 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped seeded peeled cucumber (about 1 large)
• 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
• 1/2 cup prechopped red onion
• 1/2 cup chopped peeled avocado
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
• 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder evenly over chicken; add chicken to pan. Cook for 6 minutes on each side or until done, and remove from heat.
2. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl, tossing well. Serve with chicken.
Alyson Haynes, Cooking Light