If you look in your pantry, you’ll probably find the staple items needed to make this marinade. Make an extra cup of joe the morning you plan to prepare the marinade. Store the marinade in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use it.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 steak)
• 1 cup strong brewed coffee
• 1 1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (1/2 inch thick)
• Cooking spray
1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add steaks; seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator 8 hours, turning occasionally.
2. Prepare grill.
3. Remove steaks from marinade, discarding marinade. Place steaks on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
Serve with: Grilled Asparagus and Tomatoes
Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast Weeknight Meals, Oxmoor House 2010