Mini sliders are a fun weeknight meal the whole family is sure to love. Dijon mustard gives the apricot chutney the perfect amount of peppery tang to complement the grilled chicken.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 sliders)
Total: 20 Minutes
• 3/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
• Cooking spray
• 3 apricots, halved and pitted
• 1 tablespoon water
• 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• 8 (1.3-ounce) mini sandwich buns
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle chicken with pepper mixture. Place a large grill pan over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Cool slightly; shred meat.
2. Recoat pan with cooking spray. Place apricots, cut sides down, on pan; cook 6 minutes on medium-high heat or until tender and lightly browned, turning after 4 minutes. Place apricots and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) in a food processor; process until smooth.
3. Spread about 1/2 teaspoon apricot chutney over cut side of each sandwich bun half. Place about 1/3 cup chicken on bottom bun; cover with top half of bun.
Adam Hickman, Cooking Light