Grilled Fusion Chicken accents grilled chicken breasts with Southwestern flavors like lime, hot sauce, chipotle chiles, and tequila. The standout cream sauce makes this chicken dish special enough for entertaining, yet easy enough to prepare for family weeknight dinners.
Create an amazing blend of flavors for grilled chicken breasts by marinating the chicken in a mixture of tequila, fresh lime juice, fresh ginger and dried chipotle chile. Use the reserved marinade to stir into whipped cream for a rich and savory topping. You can substitute 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus 2 teaspoons minced garlic for the garlic-infused olive oil.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
Total: 1 Hour
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
• 1/2 cup garlic-infused olive oil (see notes)
• 2 tablespoons each tequila and fresh lime juice
• 1 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce
• 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
• 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
• 1 teaspoon ground dried chipotle chile
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
• Chopped cilantro (optional)
1. Pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. In a shallow dish, whisk oil, tequila, lime juice, hot sauce, Worcestershire, ginger, chile, and salt. Reserve 1/3 cup of this marinade, then put the chicken in dish, turn to coat, and marinate 30 minutes.
2. Grill chicken on a charcoal or gas grill over medium heat (you can hold your hand 1 to 2 inches above grill level only 4 to 5 seconds), turning once, until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes total.
3. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, simmer reserved marinade until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the cream, then remove from heat. Serve chicken drizzled with sauce and garnished with cilantro, if you like. Serve extra sauce and a green salad on the side.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Janet Hubbard, Santa Rosa, CA, Sunset