Create a tropical dessert by grilling pineapple slices tossed with a mixture of orange marmalade and fresh lime juice. The finishing touch is a scoop of coconut sorbet.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
• 1/3 cup orange marmalade
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
• 1 pineapple
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• Coconut sorbet
• Chopped fresh mint
1. Whisk together orange marmalade and lime juice in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 15 seconds.
2. Peel and core pineapple, and cut into quarters. Reserve half of pineapple for another use. Halve each of the 2 remaining quarters lengthwise into long spears. Brush with vegetable oil, and toss with marmalade mixture. Sprinkle with salt. Grill pineapple over medium-high heat (400°) for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
3. Spoon 1 scoop coconut sorbet into each of 4 bowls. Serve with grilled pineapple slices, and sprinkle with mint.
Dina Cheney & Carolyn Jung, Coastal Living