• 6 fresh pears
• 1/3 cup (80 ml) brown sugar
• 1/2 cup (125 ml) coarsely chopped almonds
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) canola oil
• 7 oz (200 g) Canadian Havarti, sliced
• OPTIONAL: honey or maple syrup
1. Preheat grill to medium.
2. Cut pears in half and remove core.
3. Brush them with canola oil so they do not stick.
4. Cook on grill with cut sides face down for 3–4 minutes.
5. Turn cut sides face up, fill cavity with brown sugar and half the almonds, then garnish with Havarti and the remaining almonds.
6. Let melt, then serve hot.
Note: If you enjoy spices, add a pinch of ground cinnamon or nutmeg along with the brown sugar.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Swiss, Cheddar, Mozzarella, Gouda.