Cover this quick and easy grilled pork recipe with a tasty salsa that uses summer’s freshest fruits and flavors to round out the meal.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 pork chop and 1/2 cup salsa)
Total: 28 Minutes
• 1 cup chopped seedless watermelon
• 1 cup chopped honeydew melon
• 3 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeño pepper
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons canola oil
• 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut pork chops, trimmed
• Cooking spray
1. To prepare salsa, combine the first 7 ingredients; set aside.
2. To prepare pork chops, heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Combine oil and next 4 ingredients (through black pepper) in a small bowl. Rub oil mixture over both sides of pork chops. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with salsa.
David Bonom, Cooking Light