This savory Grilled Sirloin with Anchovy-Lemon Butter and fresh and flavorful Broccoli Rabe is special enough for a dinner party, but fast enough for a weeknight meal. It’s to the table in 20 minutes.
Yield: Serves 4
• Cooking spray
• 1 (1-pound) boneless sirloin steak
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
• 3/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind, divided
• 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
• 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
• 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup presliced onion
• 2 garlic cloves, sliced
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
• 8 ounces broccoli rabe (rapini), cut into 1-inch pieces
1. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle steak with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add steak to pan; cook for 3 minutes on each side. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak across grain into thin slices.
2. Place butter in a bowl. Microwave at HIGH 10 seconds. Add 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon rind, juice, and anchovy paste; stir until combined. Set aside.
3. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper; sauté 30 seconds. Stir in broth and rabe; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in remaining rind and salt.
4. Place 3 ounces steak and 1/2 cup rabe on each of 4 plates. Top each steak with 1 1/2 teaspoons butter.
Laura Zapalowski, Cooking Light