Serve a simple steak dinner with grilled garlic bread to soak up every last drop of the flavorful caper-herb sauce.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3 ounces steak and about 1 tablespoon sauce)
• 1 (1-pound) boneless sirloin steak
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• Cooking spray
• 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
• 1 cup basil leaves
• 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
• 1 tablespoon capers
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 1 garlic clove, chopped
• 1 canned anchovy fillet, chopped
1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
2. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Place steak on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side. Let stand 10 minutes.
3. Combine parsley and remaining ingredients in a food processor; process until blended. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Serve with sauce.
4. Grilled garlic bread: Grill 4 slices French bread 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Brush each slice with 1 teaspoon olive oil; rub with halved garlic clove.
Jackie Mills, MS, RD, Cooking Light