Brush grilled peach, plum and apricot halves with a sweet balsamic glaze and top with shaved cheese for a fruit side dish or not-too-sweet grilled dessert.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
Total: 27 Minutes
• 1 cup balsamic vinegar
• 1 1/2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
• 3 peaches, halved and pitted
• 3 apricots, halved and pitted
• 3 plums, halved and pitted
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• Kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 2 ounces Manchego cheese, thinly shaved
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
2. Combine balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer about 15 to 20 minutes or until vinegar is reduced to a glaze; set aside.
3. Brush fruit with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill fruit, in batches, 1 minute on each side. Transfer to a platter.
4. Drizzle grilled fruit with half of balsamic glaze. Top fruit with cheese, and drizzle with remaining balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.
Cat Cora, Coastal Living