This easy grilled trout recipe features fantastic flavor from fresh rainbow trout, salt, papper, sugar, fresh dill, and lime slices. Grill the fish over direct heat for a few minutes to get a good sear and those gorgeous grill marks, then transfer to indirect heat until done.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fish)
Total: 38 Minutes
• 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
• 2 teaspoons sugar
• 4 (7-ounce) dressed rainbow trout
• Cooking spray
• 1/4 teaspoon table salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 2 (1-ounce) bunches dill sprigs
• 2 medium limes, each thinly sliced
1. Combine 2 cups water, sea salt, and sugar in a shallow dish; add fish. Let stand 20 minutes. Drain.
2. Prepare charcoal fire in a chimney starter; let coals burn until flames die down. Pour hot coals out of starter; pile on one side of grill. Coat grill grate with cooking spray; put grate in place over coals.
3. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper over fish flesh. Divide dill and lime slices evenly among fish cavities. Coat outside of fish with cooking spray. Place fish over direct heat; grill 4 minutes. Turn over; move to indirect heat. Grill 12 minutes or until done.
Barton Seaver, Cooking Light