This is a smart make-ahead dish because the vegetables can be grilled a few hours prior to assembling the salads.
Yield: 4 servings
• 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
• 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
• 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled blue cheese
• 1/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 pound green beans, trimmed
• 1/4 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
• 1/4 pound carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
• 1 cup (1/2-inch-thick) slices red onion
• Cooking spray
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
• 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
• 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
1. To prepare dressing, combine first 6 ingredients, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Cover and chill.
2. Prepare grill to medium heat.
3. To prepare salad, cook beans, peas, and carrots in boiling water 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge into ice water; drain. Place mixture in a large bowl, and add onion slices. Lightly coat vegetable mixture with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and garlic salt; gently toss to coat.
4. Place vegetable mixture in a wire grilling basket coated with cooking spray. Place grilling basket on grill rack, and grill 7 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Arrange 1 1/2 cups of lettuce on each of 4 salad plates. Divide the grilled vegetables and radishes evenly among servings. Serve 1/4 cup dressing with each salad.
Sandra Granseth, Cooking Light