• 8 slices crusty bread or
• 4 Berber breads sliced in halves
• 7 oz (210 g) Canadian Medium Cheddar, sliced
• 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped dates
• 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground fennel seeds
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter, softened
1. Take four slices of bread (or four Berber bread halves), then evenly distribute Cheddar, dates and fennel on those 4 pieces and top with remaining four.
2. Butter both sides of sandwiches.
3. Heat skillet over medium heat and cook sandwiches for approximately 4 minutes on each side or until bread is browned and cheese is melted.
Tips: Serve with a tangy orange and fennel salad