Grilling the peaches caramelizes their natural sugar. Serve with grilled pork, fish—like striped bass—or chicken. Refrigerate for up to three days.
This recipe goes with Grilled Striped Bass, Grilled Chicken Breast, Roasted Pork Tenderloin
Yield: 15 servings (serving size: 1/4 cup)
• 4 large peeled peaches, halved and pitted (about 1 pound)
• 2 (1/4-inch-thick) slices red onion
• Cooking spray
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
• 1 teaspoon finely chopped seeded habanero pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
2. Lightly coat peaches and onion with cooking spray. Place peaches and onion on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill peaches 2 minutes on each side. Cool and chop peaches. Grill onion 3 minutes on each side. Cool and chop onion. Combine peaches, onion, cilantro, and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl; toss well. Let stand 15 minutes.
David Bonom, Cooking Light