This summery peach salad features sweet ‘n’ smoky grilled peach wedges, fresh arugula, crumbled goat cheese, and sliced prosciutto. The saltiness of the goat cheese and prosciutto is an irresistible complement to the sweet peaches and spicy arugula.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 1 1/3 cups arugula mixture, 3 peach wedges, about 1/3 ounce prosciutto, 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic syrup, and 1 teaspoon cheese)
• 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 3 peaches, pitted and each cut into 6 wedges
• Cooking spray
• 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
• 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• Dash of kosher salt
• 10 cup trimmed arugula (about 10 ounces)
• 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 1/4-inch strips
• 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
1. Bring vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer until vinegar is reduced to 2 tablespoons (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat; stir in honey. Cool to room temperature.
2. Prepare grill to high heat.
3. Place peach wedges on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 30 seconds on each side or until grill marks appear but peaches are still firm. Remove from grill; set aside.
4. Combine oil, pepper, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add arugula, tossing gently to coat. Arrange arugula mixture on a platter. Top with peach wedges and prosciutto. Drizzle with balsamic syrup; sprinkle with cheese.
Laura Zapalowski, Cooking Light