• 1 large or 2 small tart apples, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
• 2 teaspoons almond or canola oil
• 1 teaspoon confectioners’ sugar
• 1 ounce sharp Cheddar or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
• 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
• 4 teaspoons honey
1. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Toss apple slices with oil and sugar in a large bowl. Grill the apple slices until just tender and lightly marked, turning once, about 6 minutes total. Shave cheese into thin strips with a vegetable peeler. Top the apple slices with a sprinkling of cheese and nuts and drizzle with honey.
TIPS & NOTES:
• Make Ahead Tip: Let your cheese come to room temperature before serving for the best flavor.
Per serving: 250 calories; 14 g fat ( 3 g sat , 6 g mono ); 15 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein;3 g fiber; 93 mg sodium; 174 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 fruit, 3 fat
Source: Eating Well