From EatingWell: March/April 2010
Although somewhat unconventional, grilling dark leafy greens like broccoli rabe is a fun way to add subtle smokiness. Here, we bump up the flavor by tossing it with a garlic-rosemary vinaigrette.
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe (about 1 pound), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
2. Cook broccoli rabe in a large pot of boiling water until bright green and barely tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water; drain well.
3. Combine oil, vinegar, garlic powder, rosemary, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
4. Grill the broccoli rabe, turning once, until tender and the leaves are just beginning to char, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Toss the broccoli rabe with the reserved dressing.
Per serving: 91 calories; 8 g fat ( 1 g sat , 5 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 183 mg sodium; 231 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (60% daily value), Vitamin C (38% dv), Folate (24% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 fat