Submitted by: talkin2stacey
A tasty but quick and easy solution for grilled chicken. Two cheeses plus mushrooms, onions and peppers make this dish a winner!
• 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
• ½ lb Mesquite Smoked Hormel Bacon
• 2 Tbsp Lawry’s Season Salt
• 1 cup Jack Daniel’s Bbq Sauce
• 2 cups sliced Mushrooms
• ½ cup Onion, chopped
• ½ cup Bell Pepper, chopped
• 4 slices Mozzarella Cheese
• 4 slices American Cheese
1. Sprinkle chicken breast with Lawry’s seasoning salt.
2. Place on grill cook over medium heat until done. Cook bacon in large skillet. When bacon is done drain skillet, leaving about 1 tsp of bacon grease.
3. Place skillet back on stove on low heat and saute mushrooms, onions and peppers for approx 15 minutes or until tender.
4. Place cooked chicken breast on baking sheet. Cover each breast with BBQ sauce.
5. Place 2-3 slices of cooked bacon on each chicken breast and cover with sauteed mushrooms, onions and pepper, a slice of mozarella cheese and a slice of American cheese. Place cookie sheet with chicken back on grill just long enough to melt cheese.
NOTE: It’s faster if you cook bacon first, and then cook your mushrooms, onions and peppers while the chicken breasts are grilling. As soon as chicken is cooked you are ready to put all the ingredients on top and then right back to the grill.
Source: Better Recipes