Complement pan-grilled lamb chops with chimichurri, a sauce made of fresh herbs, garlic, and olive oil.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 lamb chops and about 2 tablespoons chimichurri)
Total: 15 Minutes
• 1 1/2 cups fresh mint
• 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
• 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
• 2 teaspoons minced shallots
• 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
• 8 (4-ounce) lamb loin chops, trimmed
• Cooking spray
1. Combine mint, parsley, oil, broth, vinegar, shallots, red pepper, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a food processor; process until blended.
2. Sprinkle lamb loin chops on both sides with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add lamb to pan; cook for 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let chops stand for 5 minutes. Serve with chimichurri.
Laraine Perri, Cooking Light