This fun, kid-friendly indulgence was a hit at taste testing and received our highest rating. The recipe can easily be multiplied to make as many sandwichesas you need.
Yield: 1 serving (serving size: 1 sandwich)
• 2 (1-ounce) slices firm white sandwich bread, divided
• 1 teaspoon butter, softened
• 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
• 2 teaspoons honey
• 1/2 teaspoon semisweet chocolate minichips
• 1 large strawberry, thinly sliced
• 1/2 small banana, cut lengthwise into 3 slices (about 2 ounces)
• 1 tablespoon pineapple jam
1. Spread one side of each white bread slice with 1/2 teaspoon butter. Combine peanut butter and honey; spread over plain side of 1 bread slice. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; top evenly with strawberry slices and banana slices.
2. Spread pineapple jam over plain side of remaining bread slice. Carefully assemble sandwich.
3. Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sandwich; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
Maureen Callahan, Cooking Light