Makes: 10 servings
Yield: 16 cups
Prep: 40 mins
Grill: 14 mins
Chill up to 2 hours
• 1 1/2 pound large fresh or frozen shrimp with tails, peeled and deveined
• 3/4 cup olive oil
• 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar or balsamic vinegar
• 3 tablespoons lemon juice
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 2 large red and/or yellow sweet peppers, halved and seeded
• 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
• 1 pound loaf ciabatta bread, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
• 4 roma tomatoes, halved
• 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil (optional)
• 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley (optional)
• 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved (optional)
1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. In a medium bowl combine oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Thread shrimp onto six 12-inch wooden skewers.* Brush shrimp with about 3 tablespoons of the oil mixture, reserving the remaining mixture.
2. For a charcoal or gas grill, grease grill rack. Place skewers on the grill rack directly over medium heat. Cover and grill for 4 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once halfway through grilling. Remove from grill; set aside on a large baking sheet.
3. Brush sweet peppers and zucchini with oil mixture. Add to grill. Cover and grill about 8 minutes or until crisp-tender and lightly charred, turning once halfway through grilling. Remove from grill; set aside on a large baking sheet.
4. Brush bread slices and tomatoes with some of the reserved oil mixture. Add to grill. Cover and grill about 2 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted and tomatoes are softened, turning once halfway through grilling.
5. Remove shrimp from skewers and transfer to a very large bowl. Cut sweet peppers, zucchini, and bread into 1-inch pieces; add to bowl. Drizzle with any remaining oil mixture. If desired, add basil, parsley, and olives; toss to combine.
6. Serve salad immediately or chill for up to 2 hours.
from the test kitchen*Tip:
• Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before using.
Nutrition facts (Grilled Shrimp Panzanella):
• Servings Per Recipe 10,
• cal. (kcal) 331,
• Fat, total (g) 18,
• chol. (mg) 88,
• sat. fat (g) 3,
• carb. (g) 29,
• Monosaturated fat (g) 12,
• Polyunsaturated fat (g) 2,
• dietary fiber (g) 2,
• sugar (g) 6,
• protein (g) 14,
• vit. A (IU) 1409,
• vit. C (mg) 62,
• Thiamin (mg) 0,
• Riboflavin (mg) 0,
• Niacin (mg) 2,
• Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0,
• Folate (µg) 44,
• Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1,
• sodium (mg) 761,
• Potassium (mg) 347,
• calcium (mg) 71,
• iron (mg) 2,
• Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet