This recipe will give you the perfect excuse to purchase a grill basket. Later, use it for grilling fish or even fruit for dessert.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
• 1 pound asparagus spears
• 1 red onion, cut into 2-inch pieces
• 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces
• 1 large squash, cut in half lengthwise and sliced into 2-inch pieces
• 1 large zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced into 2-inch pieces
• 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 1 garlic clove, minced
1. Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Place asparagus, onion, bell pepper, squash, and zucchini in a large heavy- duty zip-top plastic bag.
2. Combine balsamic vinegar and next 8 ingredients; pour over vegetables in plastic bag. Seal bag, and shake gently to coat vegetables. Marinate 30 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
3. Prepare grill.
4. Remove vegetables, discarding marinade. Place vegetables in a grill basket. Grill, uncovered, over medium- high heat (350° to 400°) 22 minutes or until slightly charred, turning often.
Oxmoor House Healthy Eating Collection, Oxmoor House