Season fresh shrimp with a homemade jerk seasoning mix and grill over medium-high heat for three minutes on each side. Serve with a sweet fruit salsa made from chopped pineapple, chopped cucumber, sliced red onion, chopped cilantro, and cider vinegar.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 skewers)
Total: 40 Minutes
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 1 tablespoon paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
• 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
• Cooking spray
1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
2. Combine first 7 ingredients. Combine oil and shrimp in a large bowl; toss well to coat. Sprinkle spice mixture over shrimp; toss to coat. Thread shrimp evenly onto 8 (8-inch) skewers. Place skewers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes or until done, turning once.
3. Fruit salsa: Combine 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple, 1/2 cup chopped cucumber, 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, and 2 teaspoons cider vinegar.