Fresh herbs make all the difference in this light, summery bean salad that in turn makes an aromatic bed for the easy grilled shrimp. The shrimp and salad are wonderful together but you could also make them separately. Consider skewering and grilling scallops as another delicious option.
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh oregano, minced
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh sage, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 24 raw shrimp (21-25 per pound; see Note), peeled and deveined
- Combine lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, oregano, sage, chives, pepper and salt in a large bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the dressing in a small bowl. Add beans, tomatoes and celery to the large bowl; toss well.
- Preheat grill to medium-high or place a grill pan over medium-high heat until hot.
- Thread shrimp onto 6 skewers. (If using a grill pan, you don’t need to skewer the shrimp.)
- Oil the grill rack (see Tip) or the grill pan. Grill the shrimp until pink and firm, turning once, about 4 minutes total. Serve the shrimp on the white bean salad, drizzled with the reserved dressing.
Makes 6 servings, about 3/4 cup salad and 4 shrimp each
SOURCE: Eating Well