From: O, The Oprah Magazine
If the words “grilled banana bread French toast” don’t get you going, how about “maple bacon butter”? This recipe comes from chef Brooke Williamson of The Tripel in Los Angeles. – By Brooke Williamson
• 1/2 cup(s) (1 stick) butter, softened
• Banana Bread
• 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
• 1/2 cup(s) light brown sugar
• 2 eggs
• 4 tablespoon(s) sour cream
• 1 1/2 cup(s) flour
• 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
• 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
• 2 cup(s) (3 to 4) ripe bananas, mashed
• 1/2 cup(s) (1 stick) butter, cut into cubes
• 1/4 cup(s) pure maple syrup
• 6 slice(s) very crispy cooked bacon
1. Make bacon butter: Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
2. Make banana bread: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and lightly sugar a 9- by 5-inch loaf pan.
3. Beat together butter and sugar. Add eggs. Mix well. Add sour cream, flour, baking soda, vanilla, and bananas. Mix well. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake 45 to 55 minutes, or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
4. Cool on rack, and wrap in plastic wrap overnight in the fridge.
5. The next day, cut the loaf into 14 slices, each about 5/8-inch thick. Place the chilled slices onto a lightly greased grill (if your grill tends to stick, lightly butter both sides of the bread), turning them over and taking them off when both sides are slightly toasted and charred.
6. Spread with bacon butter and serve.