Top grilled bananas with a sprinkle of brown sugar and a splash of orange liqueur for a simple and sophisticated dessert. Serve with a dollop of ice cream or whipped cream.
Yield: 6 servings
• 6 unpeeled ripe bananas
• 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
• 6 tablespoons orange liqueur
• Ice cream or whipped cream
1. Cut a lengthwise slit in each banana, being careful not to cut all the way through; spread open slightly. Gently pack 1 tablespoon brown sugar inside each. Drizzle liqueur over brown sugar.
2. Grill, without lid, over medium heat (300° to 350°) 4 minutes on each side. Top each grilled banana with a small scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. Serve immediately.
Gideon Bosker, Karen Brooks, and Leland and Crystal Payton, Patio Daddy-O,Coastal Living